Charitable registration requirements vary from state to state and are expensive and time-consuming to handle in-house if you are fundraising (including online) in more than a handful of states. INN has partnered with a company that helps charitable organizations comply with the legal requirements for solicitation of contributions.
- Completing initial/renewal state registration forms for the states where members wish to solicit contributions. This includes attachments, client copies and pre-addressed envelopes.
- Preparing and filing registration extensions with the states
- Liaison between the organization and the state regulators
- Updating states with any organizational changes
- Providing quarterly status reports
- Maintaining current state filing requirements
- Tracking state approvals and deficiencies
About: If you are fundraising nationally, Charity Compliance Solutions Inc. (CCS) is a full-service company aimed at getting and keeping your organization in IRS and state compliance.
Rate: CCS’s negotiated fees for INN members are $120 per state. For members with a national presence who need to file in all 40 states plus the District of Columbia where registration is required, the maximum fee is $3,995 per year — a savings of more than $800 per year. CCS is not responsible for the state filing fees, late fees or registered agent fees. You must mention INN membership to qualify for the special rate.