In the first quarter of 2021, we're thrilled to announce that the Institute for Nonprofit News welcomed 18 new members! They include 10 news startups, 12 newsrooms increasing local and state news, five outlets focused on national news and one investigative newsroom based in Canada.
We're so excited to have them join the INN network, joining more than 300 independent news organizations in a new kind of media network: nonprofit, nonpartisan and dedicated to public service.
Please join us in welcoming the latest nonprofit news organizations:
- Atlanta Civic Circle, Atlanta, Georgia
- Eden Prairie Local News, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Feet in 2 Worlds, New York, New York
- Floodlight, National
- Fort Worth Report, Fort Worth, Texas
- Hola Carolina, Asheville, North Carolina
- Investigative Journalism Bureau, Toronto, Canada
- Jewish Currents, Brooklyn, New York
- Key Biscayne Independent, Key Biscayne, Florida
- KPCC, Los Angeles, California
- Military Veterans in Journalism, National
- MIWISCONSIN, Madison, Wisconsin
- Nashville Banner, Nashville, Tennessee
- Prison Journalism Project, National
- The Sopris Sun, Carbondale, Colorado
- Tone Madison, Madison, Wisconsin
- VoxPopuli, Winter Garden, Florida
- Wisconsin Newspaper Association, Wisconsin
If you work for a nonprofit news organization, learn how to apply to become an INN member. If you're interested in learning more about covering to a nonprofit status, email us.